catcando48@hotmail.com

Suburban water heaters Dual fuel

I have a Suburban 10 gal. water heater model  sw10 dem

There are two switches marked water heater near my control panel and they have always been on. I usually keep the propane taknks filled but now I am out of propane and I wanted to use just the electric for heating the water. That would keep me from having to move the RV but I am not sure if it is working. How can I tell if it is working? How long does it take to heat the water this way?

Happy New Year.

Well it should be hot as long as you are hooked up to shore power or on generator power. The recovery time will be a little longer but should keep you in some hot water. Let us know if it is working.

Bill

These things usually heat the water pretty quickly, and having hot water would be the best test.

If you don't have hot water on electric only, then perhaps your circuit breaker needs to be reset. If that's okay, you should check the reset button on the end of the electric heater element. These reset button will trip is things go bad or if there is a problem. My reset button popped once when the unit was turned on before it was filled with water. Wouldn't heat again till the reset was pushed in.

If you don't have a manual for your water heater you can find them online. Here is one link I found: http://www.dyersonline.com/downloadfile/download/aitfile/aitfile_id/1985/

Good luck!

Since you wrote propane TANKS, I take it to be on a trailer or fifth wheel.  Why not remove tanks and go have them filled?