dbenoit

Is there a shortage of used MH's in NE?

I received a strange call from Campers Inn in NC. They wanted to know if we wanted to trade in our 2018 FR GT369XL.

Kind of strange. When I looked at there website for NH I see that there not many used MH's for sale.

We are happy with what we have now so we were not interested. I should have asked what kind of a deal would you like to propose.

A standard salesperson line (good/hungry salesperson)-- irrespective of inventory. 

And, standard answers to question of  "what kind of deal" is "up to ..." or "bring it in and we will work with you".

That would be a salesperson/manager I would want to hire when I ran auto dealerships.

Our Subaru dealer sends out a similar message all the time. "We need good used cars - come in and see what we'll offer for yours" or some variant of that message. It was explained to me that car dealers make more money on used cars, especially if they can buy low and sell high. Interesting that they want your 2018 model - you'll take the hit on value since it's not new anymore and yet they'll be able to sell a nearly new coach for top dollar. Just my 2 cents worth.