cmf16

Program Freightliner dash display

I took my 2008 Tiffin Phaeton in for service and they changed my Freightliner dash display....it no longer shows engine temperature.  How to I get engine temp display back?

IMG_3670.JPG

What does that button in the middle at the bottom do? 

Personally I like having a transmission temperature gage as you already have a water temp on the dash.

4 hours ago, cmf16 said:

I took my 2008 Tiffin Phaeton in for service and they changed my Freightliner dash display

Have you talked to who did the work on it?

Bill

Thank you both....I got my engine temp back but you make a good point Bill....I should be watching my transmission temp also.

Many thanks,

Charlie

cmf16,

If you have the Allison 3000 transmission, you should not have heat issues with the transmission except, perhaps in stop and go traffic. This transmission's torque converter is locked up in higher speeds in second gear and all higher gears, so heat generation should not be an issue.

Absolutely, on other transmission with non-locking torque converters, heat can be a major issue.

Brett, please explain to me why you think it is smarter to have 2 water temperature gages and no transmission temp gage when you can have both? Yes the transmission should be trouble free, but I want to see if the temp goes up for some reason like having a leak or something not working right. 

Charlie, Glad you found out how to get it back.😉 Was it the button at the bottom the dash?

You can set your coach up any way you want. I just like to have all the info I can get. What other things can you display?

Bill

Bill,

Not suggesting that monitoring transmission temperature is not a good idea.  My point is that with the Allison 3000 in his coach, that transmission temperature problems are very, very rare unless in protracted stop and go traffic. 

Comparatively,  lots more causes of engine temperature issues-- starting with things as simple as sucking up a plastic bag that blocks air flow to the CAC and radiator, belt slipping, breaking, coolant loss from a bad hose or even broken hose clamp, stuck thermostat, etc.

10 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

You can set your coach up any way you want. I just like to have all the info I can get. What other things can you display?

Bill

Click on the link I provided and it walks you through all the settings.

11 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Brett, please explain to me why you think it is smarter to have 2 water temperature gages and no transmission temp gage when you can have both?

Nowhere did I say he didn't need a engine temperature gage. He has a nice analog one on the dash so why have a second digital one. 

12 minutes ago, elkhartjim said:

Click on the link I provided and it walks you through all the settings.

Thanks Jim, maybe someday I can have a fancey setup like that.

Bill