dbenoit

Grand kids want to go camping, all 14.

DB, What are you ref to?  Other than WBill, no one knows nothing!  There are thousands of others on this Forum! 😃

Both of you need to go PM.

We frequently travel with our grandchildren.  We have five, but only three generally travel with us because they live nearby.  We start traveling with them without parents when they turn 3.  They are ages 3,12,15.  We will actually be going for 5 days to the Grand Canyon next week.  We always have a list of chores for the kids which are age-appropriate.  I wrap up little surprises which I use as enticement for certain behavior.  A small Lego set, craft project, movie, etc.,  I always have activities for them to keep them occupied while we are traveling.  I also make it an educational experience.  We visit a lot of national parks.  Prior to embarking on our journey I use Google Slides to create an activity for them which is age-appropriate so they can learn about where we are going.  I may ask a question such as what Native American people lived at the Grand Canyon or take a picture of yourself at the Grand Canyon.  We quite often travel with other grandparents who have children the same age and they all compete with each other to see who can answer all the questions and complete the different activities.  We have a National Park Nerd Badge that we give to the person who is selected after each National Park as the "winner".  Sometimes I will give the kids spending money for souvenirs based on how many questions they answer or activities they complete.  We have a wonderful time!! 

I read about a form that FMCA offers for medical consent for minors for grandparents to use when they take the grandchildren.  Do you know where I can find this?

elharter,

Welcome to the Forum.

Those are great idea for grandparents to use when traveling with grandchildren. The best place to get an answer to you question about special insurance would be to call Member Services at FMCA. Call 513-474-3622 and ask for member services.

Good luck and happy travels.

Herman

We took the oldest two grandchildren to Niagara Falls when they were 12 13. Now we have 17 and 4 greats. We quickly saw the light(our nerves would not survive) and stopped traveling with grandchildren after that first trip, thankfully. Now we limit gatherings to a back yard party.