joso

compartment doors

I have a 2007 Damon Intruder and the storage door struts will not stay screwed in, I have tried to install a small plate, but they also come loose (I have used liquid nail, gorilla glue, super glue but none hold) the wood inside the door appears to be rotted.  is there anyway to fix these?

First - welcome to the FMCA forum!

if you have rot in the wood, the first thing to do is to find and repair the water leak so that whatever you repair won't rot again.

Those struts place a lot of torque on the mounts, especially when they are cold or if they've become stiff. If the wood is rotted and the screws won't hold, then you'll probably have to either repair the wood or replace that section of the wood. Can you post a few photos of the damaged area so that we can better advise you on possible repairs?

Joso. Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Richard asked for some pictures of the pod doors and the surrounding sidewall area. Also, the real problem is finding where the leak(s) are located.

This is a product that might work to repair the mount, there are a number of different styles though.

Ball Studs and Matching Clips with Pull-out Tension Up to 24 Lbs. by boltproducts.com

Rich.

Do they have metal frame on the edge?  On my doors they are fiberglass outside and aluminum inside with foam in the middle and aluminum frame on the edge.  I was having trouble keeping the screws on the brackets tight so I pop riveted in and drilled a couple of extra holes and pop riveted them.  Haven't had any come loose for several years.

Consider this product for repairing wood rot:   https://www.homedepot.com/p/PC-Products-Rotted-Wood-Repair-Kit-084113/100664090

There are many more similar products marketed, some may be better suited to your requirements. This website may be informative:  http://conservepoxy.com/wood-rot-and-epoxy-faqs.php?Screen=wood-rot-and-epoxy-faqs