drogers

Auxillarly electric cooling fans

The 2 aux. electric cooling fans on my 2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32 V Workhorse (gas) motorhome have stopped working.  Wondering what some of the common causes are and where to start looking. 

Fuse or circuit would be the first place to look. Also verify if the fans spin freely if not possible fan motors have gone bad, but unlikely that both stopped at the same time, if one turns freely but the other one does not, this could be cause for fuse blowing.

Do the fans run all the time or are they controlled by a temperature sensor? If controlled by a sensor, you might investigate to be sure it's still in place and that the wiring is still connected firmly. You will probably need wiring diagram to determine if the temp sensor opens/closes the positive or ground wire, but once you know that you can do further testing with a multimeter.

drogers, Welcome to the FMCA forums!

Turn on the air conditioning (dash, not roof top) they should come on automatically. There are typically two circuits that feed those fans, one is operated by coolant temperature, the other would be a signal that the A/C is on. This will help narrow down the issue and where to begin checking. If nothing with the A/C on, sounds like the fan controller is which is usually a relay block with low/high speed relays or a solid state module.

Do you have a wiring diagram for this coach in the manual?

2 hours ago, drogers said:

The 2 aux. electric cooling fans on my 2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32 V Workhorse (gas) motorhome have stopped working.  Wondering what some of the common causes are and where to start looking. 

Do You Know the model Chassis that the Coach is built on? Like a P-30 model year 2001?

I Do have just about all the chassis wiring diagrams for the years Workhorse / Navestar supplied the chassis plus a number of the P-30 / P-32.

Rich.