Sign in to follow this  
eric@babin.com

REPLACING FIREPLACE

2014 Itasca Ellipse 42qd (Winnebago Tour)

My fireplace is out and this SHOULD be an easy replacement.

I assume I remove the molding on each side and I'll find screws to pull it out?????

See pictures for molding I'm talking about.

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

I'm interested in this but not because the fireplace is out, the glass is filthy and it is on the inside. I'd like to clean the glass.

21 hours ago, ERIC@BABIN.COM said:

2014 Itasca Ellipse 42qd (Winnebago Tour)

I would call Winnebago. I would also look in the big bag of manuels/paperwork that came with it. There may be installation instructions.

Bill 

Bill,

Manuals and bags of paper works do not describe Winnebago's many installations on various RV's.  Best I can ascertain from calling is that the molding does have to be removed.   Was wondering if anyone had done that and how hard was it to take off and put on the molding.

12 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Manuals and bags of paper works do not describe Winnebago's many installations on various RV's.

To bad Winnebago doesn't do a better job of taking care of its customers/owners. I found almost all the installation instructions and wiring diagrams for my major appliances. 

Bill

Finding a Manual is just a click away with any vendor for their product. However most if not all manufacturers don't include instruction on things as simple as how to remove a piece of trim to how to remove a full body slide. If they did just think how huge that stack of instructions would be. 

As far as Eric's trim my bet would be that it is glued in place and secured with some very thin nails that you most likely can barely see.

Eric, can you see anything on the back side through the cabinet?  

Herman

Herman,

Yes, that was my point. They do not list every piece of wood work. The trim is not that much on the fireplace. I would rather have a professional or someone that knows a lot about wood work pull the trim off.  I don't believe they used any glue, just a pneumatic brad gun. The heads are extremely small so thinking brads.

Problem is that once the trim is off, the brads will still be stuck to the underlying wood/structure. Might be easy to re-align and press it back on - again - not for me to do.

The fireplace, according to Mfg, glass can be removed just removing the screws on the front. Don't know about entire fireplace.

Bill,

They have all of their installation/instructions/wiring diagrams on-line and easy to get to. If on a Windows machine the drawings are even in 3D,