u8at711

ECU and fuel noid

broken down,

roadside assistance troubleshooting a bad fuel solenoid and bad ECU, He is unable to reset the ecu codes.

tried to talk to Monaco, they said my 1997 is too old, and they do not deal with any chassis issues.

Who do I get a new computer programmed if the old one is damaged to bad for retrieving old programming. ?

ecu= 3096662-rx

motor number=34830072

engine trouble codes= 254, 434

also Cummings says these are non-valid codes for my motor serial number.

HELP :)  stuck here and very far from home, missing work.

1 hour ago, u8at711 said:

broken down,

roadside assistance troubleshooting a bad fuel solenoid and bad ECU, He is unable to reset the ecu codes.

tried to talk to Monaco, they said my 1997 is too old, and they do not deal with any chassis issues.

Who do I get a new computer programmed if the old one is damaged to bad for retrieving old programming. ?

ecu= 3096662-rx

motor number=34830072

engine trouble codes= 254, 434

also Cummings says these are non-valid codes for my motor serial number.

HELP :)  stuck here and very far from home, missing work.

Did Cummins mention the series of the engine and engine serial number?

The Numbers you listed for the fault code do come up on the charts, but the codes mean different things for different engine series. Confusing !!!!

A little more information from your end would help. Before and after your model year there where a number of changes to the engines.

Rich.

If it were me I would get a Cummins tech either out there or get it into a Cummins shop. As far as the computer I would think Cummins would be able to supply one. At this point I doubt the ECM is bad at least till you get it trouble shot properly

thank you for the replies,,  I insisted that the fuel noid be changed first and tested before buying a computer, This totally fixed my problem.

Although it is now stressful that the computer codes are useless, I did give cummings all the numbers and they said the codes are non-valid to my serial number of the motor,,  I guess, the codes I'm getting don't exist because they cannot be cleared either.

Maybe a cummings dealer can do a computer backup that I can keep in the coach, if it's needed in the future.

home again, with a lighter wallet. :)  it could have been worse.

Can't speak to MH's, but automobile codes may be cleared by disconnecting the batteries Neg cable completely, overnight..