Sign in to follow this  
slowe

Florida to Austin Tevas

Question

Feb. trip to Austin Texas being planned. Looking for c/g recommendations along with interesting places to visit along the way. We are planning a month for the round trip

3 answers to this question

slowe.

Where along the way have you not been?  I-10 to Hwy 71 in Texas, that's the easy part.  When we travel from FL, we stop at KOA in Milton, FL.  Then Cajun Palms in Baux Bridge, La. Just East of Houston is San Jacinto Riverfront RV Resort.  After that, we need to know what your interests are, ie do you want to go to Coast & Galveston, or NASA Space Center?

Carl, Doesn't Hwy 71 go through La grange? Have you ever stopped in the area? Timeless Texas Classics is a great place They restore classic cars. Industrial Country Market is an eclectic roadside attraction near Columbus. The owner calls it the non general, general store.

Here is a link to a description of the place. http://alcalde.texasexes.org/2011/09/inside-a-non-general-general-store/

You got me thinking about that area :lol: One outher place that is amust stop is the Meadery. Blissful Folly Farm is situated between the small communities of La Grange, Round Top & Fayetteville in the beautiful countryside of south central Texas. The farm is home to Rohan Wines & Meads, & Blissful Folly Hard ciders & fruit wines. https://blissfulfollyfarm.com/

If I was that close I would have to do a day trip to Brennan Tx to go to Blue Bell  bluebell.com.

I don't think I can drive from Florida to austin in just a month there is to much to see and do along the way. Op isn't stopping in NO?

Bill

If you want to avoid Houston, take Hwy-105 out of Beaumont and then pick up US-290.  Many CG's along the way.

Use Campgroundreviews.com for a list of campgrounds along your way and in and around Austin.