wfstewa

Directv to Dish conversion problems

Purchased the conversion kit from Winegard for conversion of Travlr antenna from directv to dish and installed it. Also removed the directv power inserter from the coax feed.  I searched for a splitter in the coax feed but could not find one. The antenna now goes through the search process but fails to lock onto a satellite. Can anyone tell me if there is something else I need to do or what is the likely problem? Thanks.

Doesn't the receiver need to be programmed for the new service? Seems it is still programmed for DTV and is looking for those satellites. (Just thinking out loud.)

If you converted your satellite dish with the kit, all you did  was make your satellite dish recognize your Dish Network Satellites. You will need a Dish Network Receiver to get Disk Network. It will not work  on your Direct TV Receiver.

Herman

The conversion process involves resetting the winegard antenna controller for the LG Dish 100 antenna which I did.  I have a Dish receiver but the antenna must lock on to a satellite before a Dish receiver is able to use it to contact the network. 

I have traveler dish for directv and if I miss one step when setting it up it will not lock onto a satellite. The step that I nearly always miss is the one with the receiver that you must get to telling the receiver to start searching. I can usually set up a dish by hand much faster than using an automatic one anyway.

wfstewa,

Call Wingard support. When I have had to talk to them they have been very helpful. That was some time ago, but still what do you have to lose.