skybound38

Newbie Needs tire shop info.

Hello All,

I'm a new member and new to the RV world.   I just purchased a used Renegade Coach on a Freightliner FL70 Chassis.   The tires are aged out and was hoping to replace the tires right away.    I've been scouring the web to find a shop that specifically handles RV's or commercial trucks.   Not as easy as I thought.   I'll be picking it up in southern Wisconsin and bringing it to Cincinnati.   Does anyone have any shop recommendations anywhere in between?

Also, what's the typical installation cost per tire?  i think I've settled on Toyo M154 but not finding a dealer for them. 

Skybound38, Welcome to the Forum. 

FMCA has a good tire program as a benefit but TOYO is not on it. However I have TOYO tires on my coach and found them to be less expensive than those on the program.

Might I suggest that you Google TOYO tires and search for locations near where you will be. As for the cost of mounting I can only tell you about where I live (North Central Texas). The average for mounting Truck or RV tires is around $25.00 for mounting and $25.00 for balancing. 

If you find a dealer, give them a call tell them what size you need, how many you will need and that you want tires that have a mfg. date no older than 3 months. This will give them time to get the tire in and can set up an appointment. 

Remember to write down the serial number and mfg. date off each tire. This is to help you incase of a recall and you can check without getting under the coach to check.

Good luck on you search. Hope you enjoy your new to you RV.

Herman 

Thanks Herman,

I was considering purchasing tires online and finding an installer but I find I'd have no way to guarantee the manufacture date

I'll look for a Toyo Dealer

A local auto  tire shop sold me new truck tires, mounted, balanced, installed them one afternoon. Almost any tire shop can remove/install a truck tire,  virtually every truck tire shop does it by hand anyway. Start calling around.

On 3/3/2020 at 9:18 PM, RayIN said:

A local auto  tire shop sold me new truck tires, mounted, balanced, installed them one afternoon. Almost any tire shop can remove/install a truck tire,  virtually every truck tire shop does it by hand anyway. Start calling around.

Yup that's how I did it when working with tubeless truck tires.   Can even do LT & Passenger tires following similar steps but "Mounting machines " are faster.

Cowser Tire and Service who just did my tire rotation for me has a realey nice truck tire machine for changing and a good computer balancing machine. If you are in the area I would recommend them. https://cowsertire.com/ They know how to use the FMCA tire program.

Bill