DEBIVAN

Underground storage

We are considering underground storage this winter for our motorhome this year. Here in Southwestern Pennsylvania all of the underground facilities have an 11' height limit for their conditioned area therefore we would be limited to their unconditioned areas which still has a constant temperature of 52 to 56 degrees with a 65% humidity level. Everything I read says to keep the humidity between 30% and 50%. Can anybody share any tips of insight on this subject?

Debi, Welcome to the Forum. Sorry but I have never heard about the desired humidity in those ranges. Herein the Southwest 65% is a little bit high but not too far from the norm.

If I am not mistaken isn't your humanity fairly high when you have snow on the ground?

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but again  Welcome. 

Herman 

Welcome to the forum. What is the name of that storage company?  Underground storage, that's interesting. I was impressed with a place around hear that had climate controlled indoor storage with power.

Bill

Debivan, does the "van" in you user id indicate a van?  If you put the information in you signature line it would help.  If it is a van then the 11' restriction should not be a problem. You need to look at the spec sheet to see what height restrictions are indicated for your RV.

I live on the Gulf Coast of Texas. No way can I get the humidity down to the levels you indicated. Many of our days during the summer time the temperatures are in the mid to high 90's and humidity is 70% or even higher.  if there were such a storage facility as you have described in my area and the height was above 13'4", I'd take it.

Don't know about Pennsylvania, but around here in the Milwaukee area the average humidity in the winter is only a few points different than the average in the summer, with a monthly average high of 76% and low of 69%.

Indoor temps can vary much more, as many heating systems will drop indoor humidity levels to as low as 20% or so.