dsabers

tow-bar recommendations

8 hours ago, manholt said:

Dennis, I just ordered a Cricket RX-5, which Jeep do you use?  I also bought a 2020 Jeep Gladiator.

Herman, the Roadmaster is easier to set up and lighter in weight...we sold Linda's Blue Ox for that reason!  They both give good service. But, Blue Ox charges for a re build at Rally's, Roadmaster does not.

I have the SX3 for couple years now.  Fits in my 2017 Wrangler 4 door and also in my 2020 Rubicon 4 door.  Great cart but don't expect email support, they phone support I would rate  8 out of 10. 

That's why I got the Gladiator, the bed is big enough...my wrangler is a 2 door!  Their e mail support is great, if your buying! Lol...I'll keep the rest in mind, it's being delivered to us at the Super Show in Tampa,FL

On 11/23/2020 at 7:09 PM, wildebill308 said:

Dsabers, Just a suggestion when un hooking. Start your toad/truck, put it in drive so that it puts just the slightest preshure on the tow bar. Now put it in park. Now when you hit the release levers on the tow bar the truck is in a "neutral position" so it is ease to pull the pins to disconnect. The second thing the truck is in park and won't roll.

Bill

I wrap a small black bungee cord around each lock lever, which holds them down. This way it's easy to unhook by myself.