seynel8228

TS 2001 cutting off

Good morning.  I just bought  this motorhome. I runs good until I get home where it shows the trans fluid getting hot. I found the coolant tank crack. Tank got fixed and then I found the thermostat  was broken and stuck. New thermostat  install, tank rebuild  and new rotella antifreeze  put on. Now it starts the service light came on and right  after the stop engine light and then it cut off it self. Oil pre 60, temp 60 it runs for a minute.   TS spartan chassis  5.9L cummins. There is a way to reset the computer? Also I have a no working turn signal rear passenger and the  side marker  won't blink either it just act as running  light. The left side works perfect. Any one with a similar problems.

Is a nice rig just 32000 miles on it but been park for a while. Some stuff  needs to be fixed  to make it shine again. Thanks guys.

seyne,

I am assuming by "TS spartan chassis***" that the coach is a Travel Supreme. Please verify along with year, model and size. This information will really help getting you some help.

Thanks,

Herman 

Seynel, sounds like the low coolant sensor has a problem within itself or the electrical connection, especially since it was just touched. As mentioned coach information would be helpful also. 

2001 spartan chassis Travel supreme.  Well coolant  problem was air bubbles  in the line. The tank get empty and I dont realize it. Also the sensor was so dirty. I clean it,  place it back and refill. And reset the computer with a Nexas NL102. Nice and affordable  scanner for diesel.  The rear turn still out. I found a problem in the front marker lamp where the contacts. Touch each other and cut off the side marker. After I had that fixed the front and rear running  lamps work good but still no signal or hazard.

Also I get low Air pressure  on both brakes tanks. And the purge valve is releasing  right after I start the couch. The parking  and brake looks to be working and the air bags are lifting  good.  I was looking for the tanks release pull but no idea where it is, the tanks seem to be all on the front  behind  the gen-set. 

2 hours ago, seynel8228 said:

And the purge valve is releasing  right after I start the couch

Sounds like either a governor problem, problem with the air line between the governor and dryer or the Dryer itself is malfunctioning. How old is the air dryer? 

Well I found  my air dryer purge was no sealing  after purge the moisture. I order a new one since the filter and valve  needs replace. Better replace the whole dryer and rebuilt the old one for spare. New dryer. 67 dollars on Amazon.