schoonmakerjon

Fresh water tank replacement

Thanks for the followup. Looks like they did nice work. Lots easier and cheaper than having to replace the tank, that's for certain.

If you do decide to use the rubber mats as I suggested, It is easy to place either plastic or rubber blocks either through or on top of the rubber mat securing them in place with bolts (I use stainless steel) through the floor of the coach, this would be much better than even marine plywood and wooden blocks, also provides a cushion for the tank and stops the walking effect. Only a suggestion, if you notice, my coach is a MCI conversion also and I am aware of how yours is put together. Great that you found someone to repair the tank and good luck with the project. Incidently, I bought my rubber mats at a restaurant supply store, they were sold as walk ways for cement floors and look like large grid mesh.

Edited by kaypsmith

Kay,

Yes, I've decided to use a rubber mat as suggested, I'm expecting it today.   I'm also, planning on cutting out the deteriorated plywood section and replacing only this with marine plywood.   Then placing the mat over the plywood layer.   I've 3-plastic blocks, same material as the tank, to affix to left/right ends and the front side to secure the tank in place.  I can screw the plastic blocks into the plywood base, holding down both the rubber mat and the tank in place.   I'm reluctant to drill into/through the floor, and understand if I were to drill through the coach floor, stainless steel bolts are needed to eliminate rusting.   Please let me know any other suggestions.  thank you.

And thank you everyone for the feedback.  

All following this thread,

This water tank repair is now complete and I'm closing the thread.   The final drain and pump connections were made 5 Mar at the winter storage facility.  I did make a modification to securing the tank based on forum members feedback.   This change is, after installing the marine plywood patch and the non-skid mat, I installed 2 hard wood "ribs", screwed through the mat and into the plywood floor.  These 2 "ribs" are padded to avoid abrasion and fit into the tank indents preventing the tank from moving forward (braking) or backward (acceleration).   Pls. see picture below.   And I'll add to small lateral supports to prevent sideways movement.    Although with these "ribs" running laterally, ~20" under the tank, any uneven lateral movement is prevented.

Also, the final plumbing connections were made by a mobile RV service firm, referred by storage facility.   While I could have done this myself, I've limited PEX experience, didn't have the crimp tool, and would have chased about for the correct parts.  So the mobile service was worthwhile from a time management perspective.  thank you for everyone help and suggestions. This has all been valuable.

reinstall_tank.jpg