ejperry

California. Older diesel engines in 40ft diesel pusher

EJ, Welcome to the Forum.

We need a bit more information. What is the of year of your coach and what state are you trying to register it in? Has it been registered in the state before? 

Herman

2 hours ago, ejperry said:

Are regulations on smog exempt. I read that they are. We have a 40ft Gulfstream and I can't get new license tags for ii

First, Welcome to the forum.

As Herman said, We need more info. Where are you, what state is saying this. Have you registered it there before?

If you add your coach and some outher pertinent data to your signature it will save time when you post. See Herman's signature for example.

Bill

Do a little research into CARB rules. There are exceptions for vehicles registered as motor homes - they are exempt from many of the rules that trucks and buses must adhere to, but being in another state I'm not fully versed in this. What I know about it is from friends with older bus conversions in CA, and they are all able to keep operating due to the exceptions for RVs.

If you're being told that you can't register by someone at the DMV, I'd suggest doing your research and then contacting someone in management at the DMV office before trying again. Hopefully someone from CA will chime in with more specifics.

Ok, I missed the California in his post. Richard is right. Might try a different office.

Makes me appreciate Texas. $7.00 for the inspection and $364.75 for a new sticker. 

Bill

What Richard said. 
I am only aware that those rules apply to Commercial vehicles. Sounds like you spoke to someone that is confused, probably caused by the GVWR of a DP coach. That alone seems to create confusion at most DMV’s.