bohannonrl

Propane Tank Refilling

I have a Class A RV and when it comes time refill the propane tank I have to drive to a dealer or propane company who can fill the tank. If I'm camping and run out I have to disconnect everything to go fill the tank. Is there a simpler way to do it? Such as a mobile propane truck that can come to the camp site? Or, can it be filled by a portable propane tank through a quick connect thats used for hooking a grill up to?

Some RV Parks have mobile service....it's not cheap and most have a minimum amount....others have a truck that come every week.  If none are available then Ken has the right info.

The extend-a-stay is definitely a plus.  A 20 pound bottle should get you through until you can fill up. You can call the RV parks taht you will be staying at to see if they have a filling station.  Some only fill bottle, others fill permanent tanks on the RV.  If they have a filling station ask if it is accessible going into the park, or coming out of the park.  If it is going in, fill up before you get to your space. If it is on the way out, either circle around or wait until you are departing. My last MH the tank was on the passenger side. This present MH it is on the driver side.

I'll also do a satellite view to see if I can find where the filling station is, or use their site map which typically depicts a propane filling station.

Happy trails.

Thanks all for the info. I try to keep an eye on my tank but I know one day I'm going to forget and thats when it'll bite me.

Set yourself a reminder on your phone or computer to check the gauge, say every two weeks or depending on how frequently you use it. If it gets down to half - start looking for a place to fill it.

Here's a funny for us. We purchesed our present MH in Oct 2017 and it has a 28 gal propane tank.  It was full. Just this last time we took it out a couple months ago it was 3/4 full.  Guess we don't eat in that much. Only thing we have in on the MH is a 3 burner gas stove.

On 5/14/2021 at 5:05 AM, bohannonrl said:

Thanks all for the info. I try to keep an eye on my tank but I know one day I'm going to forget and thats when it'll bite me.

Then it would make sense to add "Check Propane Level" to your departure check list.

I would also do like txiceman said and add a Extend-a-Stay so you can use a external tank when you are in one place for a while and save your onboard tank as a back up. I have done this with a 40 lb tank. This also lets you tap your onboard propane to power a grill or fire pit.

Bill