fagnaml

Use Motorhome Generator as Back-Up for Sticks & Bricks Home

On 6/18/2021 at 8:37 AM, rayin said:

Generac makes an automatic transfer switch for exactly this application: GenerLink MA23-N - City Plumbing & Electric (cpesupply.com)

To everyone else:

There is no excuse for not having a transfer switch, here's one for only $63: PowerMax PMTS-30 Automatic Transfer Switch | Northern Arizona Wind & Sun (solar-electric.com)

To do it correctly it has to carry the total load  so with my house 200amp

or you need to add second panel with all the circuits you want to supply power to with a breaker in main panel to ATS  then second panel 

4 minutes ago, bm02tj said:

To do it correctly it has to carry the total load  so with my house 200amp

or you need to add second panel with all the circuits you want to supply power to with a breaker in main panel to ATS  then second panel 

Yup, if you desire powering everything at once as from your utility company! My local REMC hands out a booklet with the exact description, including pictures and stock # of each component.  I did not attempt to power everything, just freezers, fridges, coffeemaker and TV, nothing 240VAC. My Boliy 3600 inverter series genset does that easily.

On 6/18/2021 at 10:37 AM, rayin said:

Generac makes an automatic transfer switch for exactly this application: GenerLink MA23-N - City Plumbing & Electric (cpesupply.com)

To everyone else:

There is no excuse for not having a transfer switch, here's one for only $63: PowerMax PMTS-30 Automatic Transfer Switch | Northern Arizona Wind & Sun (solar-electric.com)

Thank you for the links.  For me, the $729 cost of the Generic switch is "excuse," although it seems to be the cat's meow and the page states they will get it pre-approved by the power company before shipping.  I'll look into the $63 one.  30 amps is too light for lights, refrigerator, and AC, but AC, even in hot, humid post-hurricane weather, is optional.