Simon3766

Slides won't work

I have a 2000 Monaco Diplomat 38b. We lost the alternator and can't open or close the slides now. Alternator changed and still no slides (don't know if there is a correlation). We are stuck in a parking lot in New Albany Indiana and frankly not sure what to try next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Simon3766
Missing word

Simon welcome to the Forum.

Does your Diplomat have slides? If so check all of your bay doors under each slide. Monaco has  Safety Switches to keep the slide from coming in case a bay door might be open under the slide. I know this from experience.

Again Welcome,

Herman

Simon3766,  Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

Could you post the Make and Model numbers of your slide system installed on the Coach ?

Rich.

I need an electrical genius,  I have 2005 alfa See Ya and the main slide out will not work. If I hot wire it, it works fine. I check all fuses and put a new 4 prong double pole double throw relay switch. I tested both the new and old switch and I have continuity. I have 14.2 volts coming to the switch and I am going to check again if I have power coming to the motor. It is a slide out motor 25 amps and the Dealer who sold me the vehicle said,  it is either the relay switch or the motor actuator needs to be cleaned with an emery cloth!  I tried to put the motor out, but it is wedge between the shaft that turns the gears of the slide out.  Help! I had a non electrician spend two hours. $ 100.00 per hour with no luck. We look at the wiring diagram and check some of the wiring.  The side out switch is a combination switch/relay! a trait of the alfa see ya, per my dealer comments.