rfsod48

New mattress

We need to replace our mattress and would appreciate any recommendations .

thanks,    Roland

2 hours ago, rfsod48 said:

We need to replace our mattress and would appreciate any recommendations .

thanks,    Roland

Roland, There have  been several post on that recently. 

Bill

Depending on where you are in Michigan, it may be worth a day trip to an Original Mattress Factory location. https://www.originalmattress.com/

We're in the Cleveland, OH area and they have several stores in the area. They will custom make any size for you. That let's you actually try the mattress out first. We use one of their mattresses at home and I was very excited to find out they do custom sizes.

And then reality hit. When I talked to them, they cannot guarantee an exact size, just a tolerance due to where they need to cut the springs. I wasn't concerned about the mattress being a bit narrow but a bit wide would be a problem since our bed is in a slide and solidly between the two slide walls. That may or may not be an issue for you.

Many people recommend Mattress Insider but I've never used them.

We just installed this one this week but have not yet had it on a trip. Their "firm" is not as firm as we like but we're going to give it a try. https://wildernessrvmattress.com/products/the-montana-pillowtop?variant=9831938654255

I watched some YouTube reviews on different mattresses and noted that some of them had discount codes mentioned. We were able to save $50 by using one of those codes.

HTH,

Ray

Roland.

We got the 14" Memory Foam medium firm by Sleep Innovations, from Amazon  1/14/21 for $558 for our fish camp.   We have the Sleep Number in the coach now, but will change it out for the 14" Memory next month! 80"x76"x14", they also come in Queen!

Thanks for replies. Wilderness mattress  produces one in the size we need that doesn’t sound bad, I am going to check sleep innovations out to see what they have.it is hard to go by descriptions only better to get opinions from users.