eric@babin.com

EMERGENCY BINDER

I've been "full time" traveling going on 5 years now... I've been meaning to put together a binder in case of roadside problems but never got around to it...

I've been broken down a few times and it's always very stressful finding the info I need....

FINALLY I am putting one together.  

So far in the binder I've got my FMCA Roadside Assistance number and contract, Freightliner help number, Cummins help number, Lippert, and Winnebago (I own an Itasca). 

I've also got engine ESN#,

filters and belt part numbers,

my tire info,

coach dimensions including weight

generator info (model #, S/N, oil type, filter info etc)

and I've even got the build sheet for all the "RV" related part and serial numbers....

What else may be important... especially in the event of a roadside breakdown (I'm now even going as far as having spare serpintine belt, fuel filter, and separator...... leaning toward carrying a spare tire even!)

DEF part & model....is yours a single or double heating unit?  

Particulate Filter, part #.

Your AC unit's...when where they last serviced, same with CAC.

On 7/26/2021 at 2:20 PM, eric@babin.com said:

What else may be important... especially in the event of a roadside breakdown (I'm now even going as far as having spare serpintine belt, fuel filter, and separator...... leaning toward carrying a spare tire even!)

Any wiring schematics whether posted in the coach or in the book that came with the coach. Pictures of all the wiring connections with a small description of their location, just in case you get a bad repairman that moves wires because of stupidity or loss of reasoning. Spare tire is a good idea, it can be placed in a storage bay and other articles can be placed inside to minimize storage loss. The copies of paperwork can be stored on a website or on webdrive to minimize folder size.

Edited by kaypsmith

Ray, when Itasca was still being built, it was not wired or plumbed the same as Winnebago.  Kind of like Toyota and Lexus.  Some things are related, but most are to a higher standard in Itasca....like your Freedom!