guspi

INSURANCE CLAIM

We were driving to Georgia from Florida when we got hit by a very hard thunder storm and we had to pull over for about and hour while sitting waiting we notice water was coming in from the slide out in the main room after we got to our destination we wet vac the water and try to dry it out as much we could. After a few week we notice that the water was on the side and the wood gotten rotten and the wall paper was peeling off the wall. For the first time in my life I filed a claim into Safeco RV ins. (I bought it thru FMCA, I have had nothing but good experience with FMCA . They took about a week to come out and see the issue. Once they did come out the adjustor never got back to me I email him 3 different time with no response so after a week of the last email I call them and plain and simple the claim is denied.   Clearly from the beginning his mind was made up to deny the claim. Will be changing insurance company ASAP. Be sure to ask about what is covered when they call it water damage. Safeco will not pay anything if they mention water damage. I don't know if any other insurance company would try to change to another company.

Often water damage is not paid by insurance unless it's subsequent to another covered event. For example, rain getting in a leaking roof may not be covered, but if the leak is a result of a tree falling on the roof it might be.

My 2008 was totaled by Hurricane Harvey when 54 inches or rain dumped on it and it was flooded. Insurance is Progressive and they covered everything.  No questions asked. Another prior incident was hail storm with hail bigger than golf balls. Put holes in the roof. Progressive covered the roof replacement.

Both of those incident are Acts of God!

Edited by wayne77590

It costs nothing to file an appeal with  Safeco and request it be elevated to the next higher level. BTW,  in my opinion it takes more than a few weeks for wood to rot from a one-time event.