tompands

anybody run TOYO tires on their rig???

I am thinking about getting Toyo 154's on my Fleetwood Discovery. Tires that are on it are 14 years old (Just bought it), a lot of people on other forums say they are a great tire. How would I get the FMCA discount on the Toyo's ?  The discount looks like it only applies to Michelin and Continental Tires. Any help would be appreciated.

Good morning Tom welcome to the Forum.

FMCA does not have a deal with Toyo Tires at this time.

I have run the Toyo tires for close to 4 years now and I am very pleased with them. The Michelin is a very good tire but have a price close to twice as much as the Toyo's.

Again welcome.

Herman

tompands, welcome to the forum. I have Toyo 144s on my coach and like them. I did use the Continentals from/through the FMCA program on my last coach and thought they were as good or better than Michelins.

Bill

Yeah, Michelin Tires are VERY over rated. I've worked on Big truck most of my adult life, I worked for Kenworth trucks for 20 years alone. they have always had issues with drying out and sidewalls cracking....for years.  I don't understand why people still brag on them. They will go the miles, I'll give them that. But you need to run them bald in 2 years or less, on a big truck it's possible, on a RV, your simply not gonna. I don't know any RV'r that runs 150-200k in a yr or 2. My tire guy quoted me $1700 for 2 Michelin Steer tires.  Is that crazy or what. I'm getting 6 Toyo's for $2600. And that's even high......to me.

Edited by tompands