hermanmullins

Adjusting the height of your Motorhome

In our motorhome we have HWH Air Bag Leveling. There are two buttons that say "DUMP" and "RAISE".  When you put the transmission in Drive or Reverse it will return the Ride Height for driving.

My question is, "Is there a way to move the coach with the air dumped in case you need to get a bit more clearance for a short distance?"

Herman

Edited by hermanmullins

In my Allegro Bus manual it says you can use the dump feature to give you more clearance for a low garage or carport. I don't think you can turn much with it in lower mode. I have the PowerGlide chassis. Not sure which you have but it sounds like you can't if you put it in gear and it raises. Try putting it in gear and hit the dump button.

Edited by sstgermain

Spartan chassis with HWH air bag adjust, it has air ride, lower and rise adjustment....I can go down, up to 2" or up 2" (Steep drive or high center, wheels will turn).  Herman, I have not heard of that on the Roadmaster chassis

Herman, ours airs up and down slow enough that you can use it as questioned, you might have to stop and set it again as it was raising. I have had to use it more than once for more clearance. I have aired it up (looked like a 4x4) and crawled out of gas stations and into campsites before so we wouldn't bottom out the rear.

Edited by jleamont