nkwiemken@netzero.net

Leveler is very slow to retract

3 hours ago, nkwiemken@netzero.net said:

Any thoughts why one of the levelers on a 2010 Alegro Bus is very slow to retract

Typically it’s caused by a seal internally bypassing. 

It can also be caused by low hydraulic fluid if the system is hydraulic. Could be a partially clogged solenoid.

One test for sediment that can clog solenoid is to take wife's turkey baster (just don't tell her) and stick it in the fluid, stir a little then strain it through a paper towel or cheesecloth. If rust or lots of sediment it is time to flush the system.

9 hours ago, nkwiemken@netzero.net said:

Any thoughts why one of the levelers on a 2010 Alegro Bus is very slow to retract

Welcome to the forum. Could be several things. Wayne listed a couple. I will say a 2010 shouldn't be in to bad of shape. Most likely is a dirty/dry (lack of lube) shaft. Yes I know some claim you shouldn't oil or lube the shaft. Strange though we were required to lube the hydraulic shafts in airplanes regularly so the dry shaft didn't damage the internal seals. Also the shafts on the jacks only extend under hydraulic preshure. They retract under spring tension. I know of several who have replaced the springs with stronger ones.

I also think the jacks are a system that likes to be exercised like many of your outher systems.

Let us know what you find.

Bill 

My manual says to use Silicone Spray and wipe the shaft down.

I don't know about the 2010 Bus but my last MH and this one does not have springs to retract. Each jack has two hydraulic hoses, one for extending and one for the return fluid.

On 7/24/2022 at 10:37 AM, nkwiemken@netzero.net said:

What is the brand and model # of your leveling system?