mmaurice

Fleetwood Dashboard Rattles

I have a Fleetwood Southwind and the dash is horrendous.  It shakes and rattles so bad that the radio actually fell into the dash. I have heard this is a very common problem with Fleetwood. If anyone has any tips, pointers ideas on how to fix and where to start, it would be greatly appreciated.

We have a Fleetwood flair and have dash shakes and when were driving the passenger side has air blowing into it while driving.

To improve the shaking, we found bolts missing or loose holding the frame to the dash under the hood. I would replace it and a few hundred miles down the road it was gone again.

my repair shop added a third bolt and later on I used loctight around the bolts to hold them in place.

On 9/26/2022 at 9:58 PM, farmerdave595 said:

We have a Fleetwood flair and have dash shakes and when were driving the passenger side has air blowing into it while driving.

To improve the shaking, we found bolts missing or loose holding the frame to the dash under the hood. I would replace it and a few hundred miles down the road it was gone again.

my repair shop added a third bolt and later on I used loctight around the bolts to hold them in place.

Are you using bolts or screws? If bolts what nuts are you using?

Bill

I had the same problem with my Southwind. The dash is mounted on brackets that extend frm the front of the coach, not attached very well on the sides, Simple fix, cut a 1x4 oard the length from the floor to the mountng bracket and wedge it in against the wall. Works great and costs nothing

On 10/30/2022 at 4:08 PM, james681 said:

I had the same problem with my Southwind. The dash is mounted on brackets that extend frm the front of the coach, not attached very well on the sides, Simple fix, cut a 1x4 oard the length from the floor to the mountng bracket and wedge it in against the wall. Works great and costs nothing

Any chance you have a picture of where you placed these boards?