carneym

Something quick on the Suburban SF-30F furnace

Would anyone happen to know what the gauge size is on the 4 wires coming from the furnace? I have to remove mine to replace a blower motor but the bundle was tie strapped to the back of the cabinet and I have to cut them to get the cabinet out. I will be repairing the connections by mounting the 'house' side of the wiring to the side/front of the cabinet and then connecting to the 'furnace' side with Quick Disconnect connectors. I would like to pick them up before I cut them but need the size. Any takers?

Without details anything I say is speculation, what is brand and model# of your furnace? As to using quick disconnect terminals, every joint and connection creates resistance and when that connection corrodes it raises resistance levels higher.

Before cutting any wiring, I would take a closer look and see if there is an easier way to remove the heater. For sure cut the tie wrap and see how much slack that gives you. There has to be  way to get the heater out without destroying /cutting the current wiring.

I would cut the wire ties so you have some slack. I have heard of several people pulling furnaces but never heard that they had to cut the wires. See if you can find a installation instructions for a  Suburban SF-30F furnace. That should show how it is connected.

Bill