I need help finding the right dar tow dolly.  I have a small kei car weighing under 1900 pounds.  It is 130' long and 55" wide.  It must be hauled rear tires up.

I live in Athens, TN.  So I need a place in east Tennesse or north Georgia or a company that will ship a dolly to someplace near (put together). Can someone pleases give me some assistance?

A kei car is a small Japanese car with a 650 engine.

Edited by Kwoodby2
explanation of type of car

Towing car rear up will lower the car front-end ground clearance.  I would test by putting the back end up tires up about 9 inches and see if you have adequate ground clearance on the front of the car.  Consider all the dips you encounter going in and out of roads such as gas em up stations.

I use a dolly from Master Tow and the FRONT tires sit up 9 inches from the ground.  I measured to verify the distance.  This dolly gives me more grief than the RV chassis by a large margin.  I will be moving to a newer toad and flat towing shortly.  My going away toad was bought for my wife eight years ago before I bought my learner Class C six years ago, so it was the cheaper way to go than buying another vehicle. So now I figured out we like a class C, bought another used Coachmen Leprechaun that is 16 years newer and moving to flat towing and that challenge. Flat towing limits what vehicle choices you can use.  Towing rear first on a dolly limits front end clearance.  Most dolly users have a front wheel drive toad and roll on to their dolly front first.

I am curious, Most KIA cars are front wheel drive, so the front wheels must the off the ground with a dolly, or a complete trailer that the complete car is on the trailer.

Edited by fredflinstome

The Kei 650CC auto is small, cheap and comes with a manual or auto transmission.  I would think the manual transmission would be flat-towable, so he must have an automatic tranny.

Rather than try to tow it on a dolly backwards, I'd be looking at trailering the 1,000lb. Kei in a single axle cargo trailer and have room to carry a grill and spare LP cylinder too.l

Edited by rayin

Just be ready for an exciting ride. The problem is that for a stable tow, the front end geometry is not correct for it to be towed backwards. The toe, caster and camber are all set for the vehicle to be stable when moving in the forward direction. If you have a locking steering wheel that can present another problem. 

Edited by elkhartjim