georgem312

Roadside assistance

FMCA roadside assistance not any help at 6pm on a Monday 19 miles south of Effingham, I’ll for a tire change.  Waited 2 hours then got a call that said they had exhausted their resources.  You should find someone yourself.

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately most of these roadside assistance  deals are petty much the same. Many use the same list of contacts.

Bill

sorry, they couldnt help.  be sure to save your reciepts, and you may get reimbursed for the tire work you paid for.

I've had that happen with Good Sam ERS,  The supervisor who called said to phone and request a reimbursement form when I got back home; complete the form and attach copies of my paid bills. Four weeks later I received a check for the full amount.

The contracted providers have the option to refuse a call when they are busy, so  "stuff" happens over which we have no control.  It's taken me 80 years to learn to roll with the punch.

All ERS companies operate with the same business model. They have a list of contracted providers. The operator who takes your call  must go through the list, by calling each one,, and find the lowest price quoted for your call. Then they dispatch that lowest bidder that has the equipment to handle your situation..

One time Good Sam/Allstate could not find a provider with the equipment to tow my MH 60 miles on an Interstate. (reference above) I asked the RV park owner and he recommended a HDT wrecker service 80 miles away. The rest of the story is my first paragraph.

Edited by rayin