raibourn

True Topper

At the latest FMCA convention I attended a seminar by a company that makes "True Topper".  It looks like a very interesting upgrade for the slide toppers on an RV.  Looking for any input about this item and or the company.  Does anyone have any experience with these toppers?  Thanks!

I saw it at Gillette.  I don't think there is a real problem with the conventional slide topper if it is adjusted correctly.  If it flaps in the wind the tension is too little.  The price of the True Topper was around $5000 which I thought was high.

1 hour ago, herbhyde said:

We are scheduled  for Tru Topper installation  on January 7th. Cost is a little pricey but we will not have to worry about the slide toppers again.

Welcome to the forum. Let us know how it goes and if you like it.

Bill

By design the true topper must scrape on the roofing material. That means if there is any gritty or sandy substance on the slide roof, both the true topper and the roof material is being slowly damaged. I wonder how that would play out with an EPDM 10-yr. warranty?:

Edited by rayin

I went and looked at what Tru Topper was because I was confusing  them with Tough Top who makes good replacement material for slide toppers. Now I can say I would not install the Tru Topper on my coach.

Bill

Additionally the 4" top flange on the slide room must be cut off for the tru topper to work; no going back.