marklmiller20

2018 Adventurous winterization

You will hear advice on both sides of the compressed air/antifreeze topic.  I'm on the antifreeze side, since i sleep better at night when i see that pink stuff come out of each faucet.  I never have noticed an aftertaste once i flush the system in the spring.

I would think you can get buy with the blow out it out method on your coach. I would pull any filters because it would be hard  to get them dry.

Bill

FWIW, the owners manual for my MH (see sig) says to use compressed air to winterize. I prefer the ease of mind to winterize with RV antifreeze, that way I know for sure nothing is broken or damaged by expanding ice. I do not trust 50# of compressed air to blow out all water from faucets and plumbing lines.

I winterized today, drained the water plumbing yesterday_low point drains, removed water heater drain plug, drained fresh tank and left drain valve open. Then I drove it 40 miles in an attempt to drain all water from the plumbing.

Well, today I winterized with RV antifreeze and caught what water was pushed out by RV antifreeze in a  gallon jug.  The jug was nearly full of clear water when I was finished winterizing. Where did that water come from after draining the plumbing system and driving 40 miles with drains left open?

Draw your own conclusions from that.