DandS

How to Secure washer in 5th wheel

Stack washer and dryer, what would be the best way to secure the washing machine.  The dryer sits directly on top of the washing machine.  

The door opening faces to the rear of the trailer.  

There's about 3 inches of clearance all around the washer to the walls. 

I also have a pan under the washer. 

Thanks

Washer.jpg

Edited by DandS

We had a Splendide washer/dryer combo in our 5er, it was not fastened down to anything, and it never moved during the 5 years we owned the 5er.   Splendide.com sells a kit to secure the separate dryer on top of the washer, and I think those brackets also fasten to the walls_not sure. The installation instructions are found on the website.

P.S.  leave all the room in the pan toward the front of the washer, otherwise you can't remove the lower kick panel to clean out the trap.

Edited by rayin

I was thinking about installing a shelf, the dryer weighs 55 pounds. Left to right is 32". 

Thoughts on a shelf design? 

I can secure a 2x4 or angle iron to the walls and set a piece of plywood on top. 

I will need to cut out for the washer drain and supply hoses. So probably will need a couple of supports to run side to side 

I like the storage under the shelf but won't have the clearance due to the location of the washer supply and drain location 

Thanks

Edited by DandS