sheridany

2023 grand Cherokee summit reserve

Greetings 

I recently changed to a 2023 GC summit reserve and it tows great.  My question is about detaching the vehicle from the motorhome.  When I start the engine I am not able to shift from neutral to 2 wd without encountering a message that the shift cant happen when vehicle is in high isle.   It usually will work after a couple of tries as there is nothing on the display that indicates high idle is complete or even going.  After the shift occurs, you can pick up a slight burning smell coming from the jeep while unhooking the tow bar.   The car drives fine and no error messages show on the display   

any thoughts what might be happening here?  

It is probably on a high idle as it is warming up. My car does the same thing . . . High idle for a few minutes before it settles down.

I agree, my Silverado pickup does the same thing if I rush the shift from neutral, but I don't get any msg.

Edited by rayin

The odor you smell is common as well. It’s a combination of road grime and tire dust being burned off your engine and exhaust . I’ll get it for a few days if we tow for a week or more without using the Jeep.

One thing I have found helpful is to make shure the air vent is in recirculate. This keeps a lot of the exhaust smell out of the car.

Bill