woodlodge

Keeping Mice Out Of Motorhome

I had the mice standing in formation at attention and gave them their orders that the MH is off limits, poof no mice..

Don't know about Snow, Bill, coach does not live here in snow...nor do we! 🤣 As for rain, yea...re dust.  Should have roof & walls up by Christmas. :)  It's a large Avery for 8 white doves, lost 2 to Rat Snakes, 2 years ago...none since! 

We didn't have a mouse/packrat problem until our neighbor with cats moved away!  Tried everything mentioned but here's what we did with 100% success.  We started leaving the bay lights on and I put emergency flashers in all the bays.  They are extremely bright and have several flashing patterns.  I turn them on in the evening and turn them off in the morning. 

IMG_3080.JPG

IMG_3081.JPG

IMG_3082.JPG

On 12/1/2010 at 6:30 AM, AllegroRed said:

I put mothballs in a paper cereal bowl and place the bowls on top of the tires, not inside the coach. I use Irish Spring soap bars, cut them in half and place them around the coach, mice hate that smell but humans like it. I place them in the closet areas, behind the sofas, etc. I use about 4 bars.

My first year I thought folks told me Ivory soap, big mistake, the mice ate the soap bars, Ha.

Ours have the irish spring soap bars and it seems to work...

Oil of peppermint works like a charm...that which will really make them want to leave is TOMCAT available at your Home Depot, Lowes and the like. They have a nice munch and then insaciable thirst for water and more likely never to return.