jbell

Parking for 2011 Perry Ga. Convention

A couple of years ago at the 09 convention there was a map of the fairgrounds property that showed full gen. handcap,electrical etc. Just wondering if its the same set-up as 09?

Here is a link to the Grounds Map for FMCA's 85th Family Reunion and Motorhome Showcase, set to take place March 14 to 17, 2011, at the Georgia National Fairgrounds and Agricenter in Perry, Ga.

Grounds Map (PDF)

For more information about the event, including registration, seminars, exhibits and entertainment, CLICK HERE.

I used to live about 40 miles north of Perry, GA and have attended the rally. I realize that it's a personal preference, but I would not park my RV at the rally site. High Falls State Park isn't all that far from there and is a much nicer environment.

Skyking8,

When were you last on the Fair grounds?

I know they have made some substantial improvements to the parking areas and their access in the last few years.

Brett

Skyking8,

When were you last on the Fair grounds?

I know they have made some substantial improvements to the parking areas and their access in the last few years.

Brett

Skyking8,

When were you last on the Fair grounds? I know they have made some substantial improvements to the parking areas and their access in the last few years.

Brett

2008. Started attending latter part of 1990's since it was close to home and there have been lots of nice improvements since then. It is convenient to have a 60 second walk to the event, but my preference is to be in the trees and among the squirrels and High Falls has that.

Guest BillAdams

Skyking is right. If you want trees and squirrels you need to park somewhere else. If you want to have a great rally, come join us at the Agricenter!

I'm worried about the weather. Its currently raining hard. If parking is on the grass, larger RV WILL get stuck. What provisions have been made? If the rain gets bad can we leave early? See linl for weather at Warner Robbins AFB a few miles from Perry. The summery at the top of the page will show current rain fall rate and amount in the last hour: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/wb4slmem82dp/

I'm worried about the weather. Its currently raining hard. If parking is on the grass, larger RV WILL get stuck. What provisions have been made? If the rain gets bad can we leave early? See linl for weather at Warner Robbins AFB a few miles from Perry. The summery at the top of the page will show current rain fall rate and amount in the last hour: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/wb4slmem82dp/

Please see responses to your other identical post at: My linkhttp://community.fmca.com/topic/2432-perry-weather/page__pid__12359#entry12359

I simply want to know the following:

Who is making the judgment that the ground is dry enough to prevent sinking into the grass?

Is a plan in place to help stuck rigs back to the pavement ?

If it starts raining hard mid way through the rally, can I leave?

Guest BillAdams

First, stay, go, do whatever you like. It's your coach!

Second, if you stay until it's time to go and you can't get out FMCA will make arrangements to get you out. If you choose to leave early and you get stuck it's completely upon you to pay the tow truck driver the $100 or so to get you to hard-pack.

Third, the judgment as to where to park is yours. Since you will likely be dry camping, if you don't like where they want to park you (despite there being 100 other coaches already in place) then do not park there, request another location or request a refund.

The rally is run by volunteers and they do the very best that they can but they don't always make the most logical decisions but for the most part they do do a very good job.

In just over 10 years of attending rallies and other dry camping locations I have been towed out twice. The first was a 4th of July celebration where they parked us at the bottom of a hill but there was no rain in the forecast. When it rained, it all pooled right there are my rig. Oh well. The second was at a rally where I was the idiot and allowed them to tow me into my site on the assumption that it would be dry by the time we left. I was such a newbie that it all made sense at the time but now I wonder what the heck I was thinking. Since then I have refused to park at our prescribed locations a couple of times and a couple of other times the rally coordinators have moved us to a less convenient location to ensure that we did not have these kinds of issues (good thinking by the coordinators).

Come to the rally, let them park you. It's going to be great. If you feel uncomfortable at any point along the process, speak up and make a decision based upon the options presented to you.