Sign in to follow this  
hermanmullins

Funny Thing Happen On The Road To The Forum

On one fine day while preparing to depart from our RV storage lot, I decided to fill the Fresh water tank. I plugged in the water and proceeded to do other per trip chores. I heard my wife yell, "Where is all the water coming from off the top of the coach?"

There are two inlets in my bay. One for fresh water, the other to flush the holding tank. I had plugged the water hose into the tank flush side.

The one good thing was that the seal on the toilet held. The holding tank was discharging out the vent stack. The dirty water came off the roof into my automatic awning cover and ran out right over the entrance door. Yes, you are correct -- paper, dark-colored water, and ----- come out all over.

Two things happened. I then had the cleanest holding tanks around and I got to wash my coach and the drive of the storage lot.

Yes, I have made some change as to how I connect my water line now.

Come on out here ... let's hear your story.

I have already told on myself about the 3" drain hose getting a small hole which turned into a stream and anointed my forehead with black water. That prompted my Rhino Flex hose purchase.

Last year in Idaho we were parked next to a Phaeton and while eating supper, I noticed the guy from the Phaeton kept coming outside and checking his power cord. He would go inside for awhile and then come back outside and then back inside. The guy came over (nice guy by the way and he drinks my brand of adult beverage) and asked me if we had electricity. He said he had done everything he could think of but just couldn't get the power to turn on for his coach.

I stopped eating, searched around and found my volt/ohm meter and headed out to help this poor soul. Having a good deal of experience with electricity, I know how to check out an electrical circuit, but for some reason, I started out by checking the panel inside his coach. Yep! Dead as a doornail. I'm about ready to grab some tools and check out the transfer switch when my brain finally kicked in. So out we go to the power pedestal. The thing was plugged in fine. Well we'll just reset the breaker! Some of you have already figured out the problem. The guy had never turned on his breaker.

To show you what a nice guy I can be, I told his wife there was a short in the pedestal, but everything was up and running and in good shape now.

Like I said, the guy was very generous with his adult beverages and we had a quiet chuckle.

For those of you snickering and thinking this guy was a rookie, forget it. This was his third or fourth MH and the only problem was that Murphy was riding on his shoulder that day.

Ward

Remind me to tell you about the time I...

I have already told on myself about the 3" drain hose getting a small hole which turned into a stream and anointed my forehead with black water. That prompted my Rhino Flex hose purchase.

Last year in Idaho we were parked next to a Phaeton and while eating supper, I noticed the guy from the Phaeton kept coming outside and checking his power cord. He would go inside for awhile and then come back outside and then back inside. The guy came over (nice guy by the way and he drinks my brand of adult beverage) and asked me if we had electricity. He said he had done everything he could think of but just couldn't get the power to turn on for his coach.

I stopped eating, searched around and found my volt/ohm meter and headed out to help this poor soul. Having a good deal of experience with electricity, I know how to check out an electrical circuit, but for some reason, I started out by checking the panel inside his coach. Yep! Dead as a doornail. I'm about ready to grab some tools and check out the transfer switch when my brain finally kicked in. So out we go to the power pedestal. The thing was plugged in fine. Well we'll just reset the breaker! Some of you have already figured out the problem. The guy had never turned on his breaker.

To show you what a nice guy I can be, I told his wife there was a short in the pedestal, but everything was up and running and in good shape now.

Like I said, the guy was very generous with his adult beverages and we had a quiet chuckle.

For those of you snickering and thinking this guy was a rookie, forget it. This was his third or fourth MH and the only problem was that Murphy was riding on his shoulder that day.

Ward

Remind me to tell you about the time I...

Been there, done that on the electricity - in fact, Tuesday of last week. I had turned off the breakers at the pedestal before plugging in and then forgot to turn them back on. Went inside to set up the television - no power. Microwave - no power. Went back out and turned the breakers back on - problem solved!

Guest Wayne77590

You have never seen me do anything like that!!

I'm not about to tell either.

The wife & I were cruisin down I-20 headed for a reserved site for a weeks stay when one of the right rear tires blew. The rubber & steel belts flying around tore off the mud guard & some other non essentials. After calling our roadcare service for a tire change, we moved ourselves up on an embankment at roads edge to keep from being runover by any eighty miles per hour truckers. After about an hour, a large wrecker pulled over & started backing up to the front of the motorhome. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was going to tow the motorhome back to a local town for repair. I informed him that I had asked for a tire change. He said he didn't do tire repair, so I sent him on his way.

I made another call to roadcare telling them I didn't need or want a tow, just a tire change. We moved back up on the embankment. After a two hour wait a tire guy came & changed the blowout with a new tire very quickly. The funny part is we didn't get upset about any of this & even enjoyed our three hour wait watching traffic & relaxing in the cool breeze on the side of the embankment. We traveled on and enjoyed our stay at the park. Memories like this are priceless.

New Story.

We were in San Antonio for a rally. Sunday morning we are all saying our good byes. I go to move in my slides. Back comes in fine. Front NOTHING. I tested every circuit in the coach checked every relay. Tested the switch.

By now I am Very frustrated. I am telling all of our friends to go on, I've call for the RV man. Being frustrated I begin to put up all my tools, put everything back where it belongs and close all bay doors. The one under the slide didn't close the way I thought it should so I SLAMMED IT. Then I SLAMMED it again. I got back in the coach to wait. So just for kicks I try the slide again. In comes the slide. I called and canceled the service call. It's seems that there is a kill switch on the door to keep the slide from opening or closing and damaging the door if it is open. New lesson learned. Get mad and slam doors, it helps and sometimes solves the problem.

Getting old is becoming a burden to me. Today I misplaced my cell phone.I forgot the number, so I started backtracking where I thought I'd been.I checked the motorhome, the car, the yard for forty five minutes. No luck. Finally I called my son on the house phone & got the number. I dialed the cell & behold, it was ringing in my pants pocket.I'm a little embarrased to share this, but it happened & now that I've found it I find it hilarious. :)

Getting old is becoming a burden to me. Today I misplaced my cell phone.I forgot the number, so I started backtracking where I thought I'd been.I checked the motorhome, the car, the yard for forty five minutes. No luck. Finally I called my son on the house phone & got the number. I dialed the cell & behold, it was ringing in my pants pocket.I'm a little embarrased to share this, but it happened & now that I've found it I find it hilarious. :)

But just think of all the thing you did find that you didn't know were lost. One of the really bad thing about auto dial is nobody can remember phone numbers any more.

I had my used coach about a week when pulled my son's stock car up to South Sound speedway. We left the trailer there and drove over to Elma, WA to watch the World of Outlaws. We arrive in Elma and my son is taking a leak when he said the water is up to the bottom of the toilet. Huh? Then I remembered, My mother has passed away and my wife's Aunt & Uncle were staying in the coach. Yup I too filled the black water tank instead of the fresh water. SO I let my son and another guy out to by tickets while I head for the freeway to dump. Well wouldn't you know it, the steering column tilt stopped locking..... So here I am driving through town and traffic with the steering wheel moving forward and back. Turning? Oh Yeah a trip.

Now to complete the story, I get back and we head off to the RV parking area. I was stopped by a gate guy and he stated we had to have a pass to get in. Well H#$$ Bell's if I can't con my way into a race track I didn't need to be there. After parking the coach in the dark between other RV'ers we watch a fine race and ate our dinner at 2am.

The next morning I find I had leveled the coach and both front wheels were totally off the ground Ooops.

Just another race weekend,

J.barnum

95' Dynasty