ramblinboy

Oak Kitchen Doors

My kitchen cupboard doors are self-destructing!

The 1999 Holiday Rambler is in Eugene Oregon, and has some humidity abatement -crystals, kitty litter.

Should I be running my furnace occasionally to dry things out?

How can I shrink the doors to their original dimension?

In a warm oven? In the sunlight?

Should I attempt a repair by gluing? Thanks for any suggestions. rB

Consider getting a small house-type dehumidifier if you have shore power.

They are quite effective. The crystals, etc have very limited absorption ability.

When our coach is in storage, we have a small dehumidifier on the kitchen counter, draining into the sink/gray tank.

Brett

I broke one of our cabinet doors several years ago. Low cabinet, left the door open for a minute to pick up something and stumbled against it, broke it apart completely. I took it to a local cabinet shop (recommended by my daughter) and they reassembled it like new! It looks to me like your damage is more than just moisture. I think the door may not have been glued together properly to begin with. Anyway, I think a cabinet shop will be able to make quick work of it and have it good as new.

Thanks for the advice! Thing is it's happening to several doors all of a sudden - seems odd!

I broke one of our cabinet doors several years ago. Low cabinet, left the door open for a minute to pick up something and stumbled against it, broke it apart completely. I took it to a local cabinet shop (recommended by my daughter) and they reassembled it like new! It looks to me like your damage is more than just moisture. I think the door may not have been glued together properly to begin with. Anyway, I think a cabinet shop will be able to make quick work of it and have it good as new.