Sign in to follow this  
ramblinboy

Rent Your Driveway To A Snowbird

Let's run this up the flagpole and see who salutes, shall we?

Needed - one wide driveway (shaded) with a plug-in 30A in the sunbelt.

Will pay a weekly/daily/monthly fee for the parking spot with a separate charge for the juice metered and fused.

No house access requested or required.

An application form would refine compatibility and deal with oil leaks prevention/noise etc.

So rig plus toad, toad could park in the street.

Anybody? Anybody?

Guest BillAdams

Even if I still had my extra driveway where I used to park my RV, there is no chance in the World that I would rent it out for a monetary return to anyone for any reason. The liability is so huge that even the tiniest accident (or greediest renter) could bankrupt me.

Nope, no way, never.

Interesting article on adding 30 or 50A to outside service for parking a motorhome with visiting relatives in mind:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/parking-motor-homes-in-my-driveway-75236.html

Let's run this up the flagpole and see who salutes, shall we?

Needed - one wide driveway (shaded) with a plug-in 30A in the sunbelt.

Will pay a weekly/daily/monthly fee for the parking spot with a separate charge for the juice metered and fused.

No house access requested or required.

An application form would refine compatibility and deal with oil leaks prevention/noise etc.

So rig plus toad, toad could park in the street.

Anybody? Anybody?

I believe the sunbelt'd be Arizona, Texas and Florida and I'd be parked under the shade of a big old oak tree with 50A service. I see your point - not many oaks in Arizona. Perhaps those in a Northern climate might make a similar arrangement for Sunbirds when they come up in summer to escape the heat.

That's a lot of driveways that could be occupied by a thrifty RV'er! The CoolBelt stretches from BC to Newfoundland - lots of good beer, steaks and quiet nights!

With exception of very small rural communities that have no zoning laws, I believe what you are proposing would violate zoning laws of almost any city or county. To occupy your own RV sitting in your driveway would be a violation, and I feel confident if the homeowner was charging rent for the space, they would certainly be in vioulation and could face fines.

CarlGeo

The "Cool Belt" sounds like my kind of place. I wish we had a place to let FMCAers use, because I think it would be a blast to have visitors from other parts of the country. Don't think I'd want to rent though maybe just collect for the electricity.

Ward

Why do you need electric, water,and ect. Just a place to park overnight or two. Free When was the last time you did something for free?

Guest Wayne77590

I think there are communities out there that specify a lot of land as a single domicile. The question then becomes, "Is a separate family motor home a domicile?" My neighbors could care less that I have my MH in the driveway for several days loading or unloading, washing, etc. And we have no community exclusions.

That's a lot of driveways that could be occupied by a thrifty RV'er! The CoolBelt stretches from BC to Newfoundland - lots of good beer, steaks and quiet nights!

Sorry rambling boy. Many towns in the sun belt as you call it love RVs and Boats but do not allow over night parking with out notification of the city office and that is for loading and unloading.

Loosen up that rusty Canadian pocket book and come on down with the good folks at one of the thousands of Snowbird Parks.