Sign in to follow this  
Xplorer

FMCA Forum - Just Curious

This has tons of value.

Did you know that the Marine Corps is a Department of the navy?

It's called the Men's Department.

Let's see if that brings anyone out.

By the way navy personnell, I spent two years, as a Marine, on the USS Eldorado (AGC-11) 1962-1964, which is more time than some sailors put aboard ship - so there.

While I'm not even a veteran, and thank you to ALL who did serve, I had two sons in the Navy. One is still on active duty after 19 1/2 years. He is a Chief Petty Officer now and has spent over 60% of his service time assigned to the Marine Corps as a corpsman. Seems almost 12 years is longer than many Marines stay in the trenches......so there........

He has preferred that duty over ship or sea duty in almost every scenario, might have a slightly different view during his two stints in Iraq (Desert Storm on the ground & Desert Shield in a Field Medical Unit) but he is expecting to deploy next fall to Afghanistan. Someone has to patch up those grunts, be it battle or just a good bar brawl, so he has said. He has told me that it's been great being hustled out of a bar when the manure hits that fan. I guess most Grunts know who to watch out for huh? LOL

Just added this because I couldn't resist your line Wayne..... LOL (ducking and running for cover now)

Ed

Navy Corpsman,,,,,,,they ain't Marines,,,,they ain't sailors,,,,,,,,,they is "DOC"

They are as revered by Marines as Chesty Puller,,,,,,,

They are Our Doc's,,,,,,,,and nobody messes with our Doc.

They our the Marines' "Hero"

Give our best to Doc,,,,,and simply Thanks!

Semper Fi

Hey all, I just found these forums myself. My wife suggested I join and spend a bit of time here.

So I am just introducing myself .

Gramps

Welcome Gramps,,,,,we all recently found this new forum....

Tell us,,,,how does it feel being married to a Very Smart Woman,,,,

Think this will be a fun and valuable forum for exchanging info.

Guest Wayne77590

Welcome Gramps!

We are getting to having a bunch that participate. Glad to see you checked in. Don't hesitate to throw tips, tricks, and what ever at us.

Guest Wayne77590

Ed,

I missed your post earlier - sorry.

I have some very good friends that are FMF Corpsman. And those I have had the pleasure to fix me when I was sick were very good at what they do. A friend is a nurse now in civilian life after his stint as a corpsman. In two motorcycle accidents in 2007, both times I had nurses that had been Corpsmen. Their care of me was above and beyond as far as I am concerned.

I like to banter about the different services, but it comes down to one thing. We are all in it until it's time to get out and those of us that have been in have served in a very rewarding way. There is a special place in my heart for all service men, and a very special place for former Marines.

Being a Marine is something that cannot be explained. The camaraderie that follows service cannot be explained. Going into a PX (or BX for Army/Airforce) and looking at military paraphernalia to purchase becomes difficult because as soon as Marine "stuff" is in, it is sold. We are a proud lot, and there is no Brotherhood as strong as the Marine Corps Brotherhood.

Tell you sons, thank you for serving.

Thanks to the March issue of the FMCA mag, I found this forum. After looking the forum over any lack of use is not the layout's fault. This forum may be a "Johnny Come Lately" to the RV forum market. Those that participate have chosen where they feel comfortable doing so. Some forums are strictly run and some allow just about anything. Unfortunately, I think this forum will take a while (years?) to catch on. If I was FMCA I would emphasize the forum to the new (and newest members). This may be where there is little forum preference therefore this forum has a chance to grab a member.

Gramps and Gary,

Welcome to the forum, it's catching on pretty quickly IMHO

Hmmmmm, still waiting on my hard copy of the March Issue - guess I need to read it online so I can keep up

Wayne,

I wuz just pullin yer chain....... I'll pass your thanks to both sons when I catch up with them over the summer

No Longer Curious!!!!!

Sure is fun reading some great posts,,,,,,,interesting information,,,questions,,,etc,,,,,,alllllllll applicable to Motorhoming.........

Although other forums are interesting,,,etc.....

This is specific to where my interest lies,,,,and is becoming my primary source of entertainment......for forums....

Thanks to all who participate.....

I have just recently added this forum I hope it will grow

another forum I read has a feature that lists the most recent posts in al catagories

it saves searching all the areas to find a new thread

Bob

Guest felixp
I have just recently added this forum I hope it will grow

another forum I read has a feature that lists the most recent posts in al catagories

it saves searching all the areas to find a new thread

Bob

If you click on 'FMCA Community' button to the left of the 'Forums' button under the FMCA logo, that will take you to the Community home page which shows the most recent Discussions. Hope that helps.

When I was in the Navy we considered all the Marines on board ship as Seagoing Bellhops. LOL.... In all seriousness, we all appreciate the Marines and all they have done for the USA over the years. I had to go through the Marine Corps Counter Insurgency Training, Hand to Hand Combat and Small Arms qualifications before going on a secret mission in Thailand with VO-67. We were wearing Marine fitigues, stationed at an Air Force base, doing a job for the Army until they could get geared up to take it over. Death rate was considered to be much much higher than we experienced. We had some real quality people in that squadron. I was proud to have been involved. The training we went through sure made us sissy sailors appreciate what you marines go through before deployment.

Guest Wayne77590

Well Jim,

The Seagoing Bellhops were the Admiral's attendants, so to speak.

In my case, I was "Ships Company." You do know what that means, don't you? :)

Yes, with each gereration the training gets better. Although, I probably had to put up with more abuse than present day, the rigors they go through now are much tougher, not that they were not tough back then. And don't forget that every Marine is a rifleman first, then his occupational specialty. My wife is a Marine (they issued her to me) and the training the Women Marine go through today are the same training techniques that the male conterparts go through, including "The Crucible." She says that fortunately she did not have to go through those rigors.

So I would guess that you were in at a time where Marine training was male oriented.

Today, sailors would train with the Women Marines. :rolleyes:

Semper Fi!

Xplorer,

We've just purchased our first motorhome/RV. Bought an 04 Mandalay and the d/n shades need restringing and other minor maintenance. I've thought about ordering blinds. Did you install the blinds yourself or have them installed. Appears to be easy to install them but just want to ask before I tell d/h that's his next labor of love.

I enjoy the forum when I remember it.

Xplorer,

We've just purchased our first motorhome/RV. Bought an 04 Mandalay and the d/n shades need restringing and other minor maintenance. I've thought about ordering blinds. Did you install the blinds yourself or have them installed. Appears to be easy to install them but just want to ask before I tell d/h that's his next labor of love.

I enjoy the forum when I remember it.

We just chose not to restring again and again,,,,,,just our choice.

It was easy to install the blinds,,,,,,I removed the top and side valances,,,,which made it an easier install for me.......We try to do those things we can reasonably do,,,,and it is not a major project......DW doesn't have to make sure she is in the middle of the blind to open it,,,,,,especially if she has to lean over something....The blinds are easier for us to use......I don't notice anymore of a noise factor when traveling..

Eventuallly as the d/n blinds break,,,,they will be replaced also.

Good Luck

Labor of Love = interpretation============= Now I don't have to hear,,,,,sure don't like those day/night shades,,,,wish I had regular blinds,,,,now I get to hear,,,,,,,,wish they used a different pattern for the valances,,,,,,,,I wonder what a future product will be?????????????? oh, yea,,,,Another Labor of Love......... :rolleyes: LOL.