Sign in to follow this  
fabloom

Fresh Water Tank Filling With City Water

My problem is that my fresh water tank is slowly filling with water when my "city water" handle is chosen. It is slow but over time will fill the tank. The overflow outlet lets the water out but I am concerned that the tank could burst. Also after I use the water pump in any faucet, the pump will turn off and then back on for a period of time. Do I have a water pump problem? a line problem? a gasket problem? a shut off valve problem? Any thoughts?

Several possible causes, including a leaking city water/tank fill valve and a bad check valve in the pump.

With your "pump turns back on" after use on tank water, I would start with the pump check valve.

What water pump do you have?

Brett

Do you have a pressure reducer installed in the hose? If not you may be feeding too much pressure into the fill valve...which will be the least of your problems if you do not add one promptly.

Do you have a pressure reducer installed in the hose? If not you may be feeding too much pressure into the fill valve...which will be the least of your problems if you do not add one promptly.

Yes, it was one of the first items bought after the RV.

fabloom,

Welcome to the Forum.

I had the same problem as yours.

As Brett said, "Check Valve". Call Shurflo and you can order one from them. Its a snap to install literally, you remove the old one and the new one just "snaps" in place. Walla, problem solved.

Good Luck