Sign in to follow this  
jjmez

Electric Steps Won't Come Out

Welcome to the Forum.

What kind of coach do you have?

Your step should operate in 12 volt power.

Did you by some chance turn off the battery switch? If so your step will not operate.

You might also have a bad magnetic switch in your door, if so again your step won't operate.

Let us know what you find.

Most steps run off the engine battery so you can turn off the house and still get in and out of the motor home.

You might want to check fuses for the steps. Some have 2, one for the power and one for switches on the door.

If the one on the door is not working, the steps will not operate.

Good luck.

There is a troubleshooting pdf document you can download HERE that may be of help to you. Scroll down to "Electric steps"

3 hours ago, F335408 said:

fleetword discovery step will not come out

Welcome to the forum. Have you checked the switches by the door? Have you looked at the troubleshooting document linked above?

Bill

Welcome!

In the upper right corner of this page, is a Search Box...write in Electric Step or Troubleshoot ES.  There is an extensive post in 2014/15 on Lipper Step!

You do need to keep the hinges lubed and clean...I do it every month and use  a dry spray lube.  Anytime you work on the step, STAY AWAY FROM IT'S PATH OF TRAVEL...It will hurt you badly!  

8 hours ago, manholt said:

...You do need to keep the hinges lubed and clean...I do it every month and use  a dry spray lube...

Same here.  I have a spread sheet keeping track of items that need to be done, monthly, semi annually, and annually.