trabuco

Possible Coach Air System Problem

Hi Roger,

Sounds like the air ride is tied into the leveling system. Once you are level the suspension bar function is disabled.

Sounds like a logic circuit lock out or a defect in the logic system controlling the suspension.

Now the question I need to ask. Have you been able to run the engine in the past to air up items and have the suspension bar work once you have leveled.

What level system is your coach equipped with and the Model number?

Rich.

I had a similar problem with my last chassis, a Freightliner. It was a instrument control modular. A black box inside the engine compartment. It has the colored air lines running into it. It controls your gauges.

On 2/2/2012 at 3:50 PM, tstarling said:

Why would the front air gauge fluctuate from 0 to 130 and low air warning light go off on diesel motorhome. It corrects itself after a couple of minutes and the gauge goes back to normal. It recurs again sometimes a minute later and sometimes an hour later.

Thanks, Thurmond Starling

On 2/2/2012 at 4:10 PM, tstarling said:

It is a 2001 Bounder on a Freightliner XC Chassis.

pjbrau.  Welcome to the Forum!

Since this Post is 8 years old...scroll back if you have the same problem, on whatever you have!

Make of coach, model, year would be helpful.

pjbrau,

As Carl said, Welcome.

Just wondering if you have a question. You only quoted two post but didn't ask or make a remark. Please let us know if you have an issue and maybe there is an answer out there.

And again, Welcome

Herman

1995 Monaco -The Executive -  Have a problem with the ABS pressure getting to 110psi. Issue appeared after the coach sat for nearly 3 mos, due to the malfunctioning of the WINN fuel pump/filter re-priming system. I replaced the fuel pump/filter, coach runs perfect but can't get the pressure to build up. Spotted a small leak in the air dryer and replaced it a well (with a rebuilt unit). There is air (normal sound) when I apply the brakes, I also hear the excess air scaping normally every so often when the coach is running "normal explosion like sound", but still only 80-90 psi on gauges. The air bags suspension is perfect and holding air (had a leak before now is ok). This coach has a 3 jacks leveling system. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. 

Edited by lupita

I think 110 psi is normal for the 1995 Monaco....less weight back then and smaller bags!  What was the psi before it sat for 3 months?  The explosion or whoose of air is your air tank clearing out moisture...normal.

Do you have the original chassis manual, correct psi would be listed.  You could also down load the manual.

10 hours ago, lupita said:

but still only 80-90 psi on gauges.

80-90 is too low, have you used another gauge on the system to make sure the dash gauge is correct? You can add a schrader valve to the system if you don't already have one then use a standard tire pressure gauge to check. Leaking drier is already replaced, there may be an obstruction between the dash gauge and the tanks, the replaced drier may be set at too low pressure, also be sure to purge the other tanks for water, this sometimes helps. There should be a manual purge valve on each air tank, some units have two and some units like mine have three.