Xplorer

Final Outcome - Update January 21 (MH & Boats Burn)

Update: Well, My insurance carrier, Progressive, finalizes my claim on the boat on Monday. My boat was Deemed a total loss and with an agreed value policy, my settlement works out great. Progressive handled the claim without any aggravation or glitches. They are efficient. This was my second Comprehensive claim in 10 years, both handled by Progressive with great satisfaction.

Progressive discovered that the gentleman responsible for the fire, was with Allstate. He did not have insurance on his stored motorhome.

However, as his truck burned also, Allstate and Progressive are discussing applying the insurance coverage on his truck to settle claims.

I am not affected, as my comprehensive is with Progressive and the claims adjuster told me, no worries, as I was not at fault and they would deal with Allstate and will settle my claim with me based on my agreed value policy with them. Which is significant, and they didn't even blink.

Progressive gets another A+ for Claims service.

Also, my claims adjuster told me that after settling the claim on Monday to contact Progressive Policy Center and they will refund the entire annual cost of my prepaid annual boat policy to me, due to the total loss of the boat.

I head to the claims office on Monday to pick up my check and sign the paperwork. As I am in another state they are expressing the papers to the closest office.

Alls well that ends well for me, hope others do as well also.

The End.

Not even safe in storage.

No one was hurt.

Here's the Story:

An elderly gentleman was having difficulty starting his older motorhome today while in storage. He removed the battery from his truck, installed it in the MH to start it. It almost started...well, he removed the dog house located between the seats inside the motorhome. Yep, he was pouring gas in the carburetor while trying to start the engine,,,,,POOOOOOF!

Now, there may be some here that do not remember or do not know what a carburetor is,,,,,,carburetor

Results of pouring gas into the carburetor,,,POOOOF!

2 Motorhomes Totaled

BG1.jpg

BG2.jpg

BG4.jpg

BG7.jpg

My Boat Totalled,,,,the cuddy cabin,,,,I was told if you rub your hand along the fiber glass,,,I could fish from inside the cuddy.

BGa.jpg

BG.jpg

1 other boat damaged, the sierra.

BG8.jpg

BG9.jpg

1 Truck,,,,,His.....

BG3.jpg

He couldn't move the truck, yep, the battery...

He's from Ohio, staying in a Motel..

Those Gators just won't let go of those Buckeyes.....

Now that is going a little over board telling Norcold what you think of their refig. But hey if someone needs a cover for their heater he has one, may take a little sanding and paint but heck I bet the price would be low.

Please don't blame all buckeyes for that one. That was just plain hillbilly stupid!

I hope that he had some good insurance to take care of the other guys.

Deacon

Retired USAF 1958 - 1979

Please don't blame all buckeyes for that one. That was just plain hillbilly stupid!

I hope that he had some good insurance to take care of the other guys.

Deacon

Retired USAF 1958 - 1979

Hav'n a little fun with a bad situation. At Least he got out of his MH with his life and w/o injury.

He can't be too popular with his Allstate Agent about now.

Just hope Allstate makes us all whole and does the right thing in resolving the settlements.

Maybe he came down to cook up a little gator tail.

Update on the Boat,,,,Progressive designated it a total loss.

In 12 years with the boat, it was still almost in like new condition, and glad I had an agreed value on it.

They hauled the boat away to Salvage yesterday on a Big Truckkkkk :( ,,,,,,only thing left is the $ settlement.

It was a good boat & trailer, never left me stranded offshore, or alongside the road. Never needed to use Seatow or road service.

I'm goin to miss it,,,,,especially when the fever hits....Now have to think about a replacement.....Most likely will go smaller.....Wonder if the DW can row fast enough to do some trolling :D ......

BGa.jpg