We have traveled many years and many miles in a Class B and have never had trouble getting it washed or washing it ourselves at do it yourself places. Now we have a 27 foot Class C and it is even a chore to wash it at home.

We travel all kinds of roads and do stupid things like park in campgrounds with sap oozing trees. It gets dirty in no time. Where can I get it washed every now and then? Even here at home having it washed is a chore, the closest place is 20 miles away across town.

Ham

Ham, I have a Class A, but we have used the automated large truck washes at Truck Stops (Not all have this type wash bay). We kind of keep a eye on the truck stops to spot a large wash bay when the coach needs a little TLC from the roads and campgrounds you mentioned. I have them turn off the Roof Brushes so they do not damage the AC units and other items on the roof. They us just the soap and clear water rinse cycle.

I have to agree that cleaning the roof as one gets younger :rolleyes: is not what one likes to do.

I do not mind using to longer wands in the tall truck wash bays to clean the sides. My shoulder and back are still up to that task. I still get on the roof twice a year to give it a good scrub.

Hope the thought helps.

Rich.

In many places there are people that come to your site and wash your RV.

Some RV parks allow you to do it yourself. The one we are in right now allows you to do it but charges you $10 for the extra water.

That's one thing we all have in common, the best way to get it clean.

What finally has worked for me, which has taken some time, accomplished a little here and a little there.

On all white gelcoat areas, I have used Barkeepers friend to ensure no stains, and applied the promax red.

In the last year and a half it has worked great, not yellowing, etc.

All I use is protectall waterless wash when stopped, easy to keep clean, etc.

The last trip accumulated alot of suicidal bugs on the front of the MH. Had to make a trip without MH and was gone for about 3 months. The bugs were then cleaned off, using the waterless wash at the house; easiest debugging I have ever done, and no bug stains or residue.

After 6 years MH still looks like new, painted sections, etc.

I like the MH clean and shining, but too lazy to continue wax on, wax off...\

The above works for me and I still get the 6-9 mpg,,,,you may get more or less.