I have a NAD1402 refrigerator and the ice maker will only dump 2 or 3 times a day. The freezer stays around 20 degrees and from what I have found so far is that the thermostat to turn on the heating element that comes on to release the cubes from the tray is set at 17 degrees.

What can I do so it will produce more ice ?

Thanks

Bob

BK5057

Bob,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

What is temperature in the refrigerator-- that is where the thermostat is located?

What is outside temperature?

Fridge temp stays 36 to 40 outside 85 to 90 it seems to be makeing ice but does not heat the tray in order to dump and it is a new ice maker . Do they make a thermostat for the ice tray heater that will come on around 20 degrees?

BK5057, When you installed or had the ice maker installed did you see a inline thermister (I don't know if that is the correct name) in your wiring harness? Was it clipped on to the back of the new I/Mkr? When I install our new maker the instructions had putting the Ther. under the clip in bold letters. If I understand, that is what senses the temp to freeze and to heat for release the ice.

I will have to pull the I/makr back out and check the wire and order a new seal this one is 4 years old seems OK but may be a little weak compared to a new one

Thanks for the replies

BK