sljuntunen@gmail.com

Changing Display Name

Hey, FMCA techs:

How do I change my "Display Name" for use on the Forum? My "registered name" is, by default I guess, being used now, but I want the same "Display Name" I'm known by. Thanks.

Steve sljuntunen@gmail.com

Guest felixp
Hey, FMCA techs:

How do I change my "Display Name" for use on the Forum? My "registered name" is, by default I guess, being used now, but I want the same "Display Name" I'm known by. Thanks.

Steve sljuntunen@gmail.com

Hi, Steve.

The only way to change your Display Name is to create a new account with our Web site at http://www.fmca.com/index.php/component/fm.../?task=register and make the Username your desired Display Name. Please let me know if you need any assistance.

filixp:

Oh, well, thanks anyway. Thought it was a simple change. Might try muddling through re-registration process, but as an OLD self-taught computer user it's more than I want to fuss with now. :rolleyes: Thanks, again, for your reply. Steve

Guest felixp
filixp:

Oh, well, thanks anyway. Thought it was a simple change. Might try muddling through re-registration process, but as an OLD self-taught computer user it's more than I want to fuss with now. :rolleyes: Thanks, again, for your reply. Steve

Sounds good. Feel free to call us if you need any help.

Sounds good. Feel free to call us if you need any help.

I have the same issue. I didn't realize that the userID would be used as the display name on the forums. It would be nice to be able to change it. I tried to create a new account, but I cannot bacause it tells me that the e-mail and membership number are already registered. Oh, well ... live and learn.

I understand this is an old thread.

Has anything changed here since 2009? I would also like to change my Display Name, but I want to use the same email address as I use on this account.

We should be able to request a display name change and get it done at the admin level. I can understand why you don’t want members to be able to change their own display name, but I hope that admins can do it.

If you cannot change my display name, please delete my account and send me an email to let me know you’ve done that. Then I’ll re-register with a new Display Name.

Thanks.

If your wanting to change your Avatar (f430040) you can do that on your profile.  Also add in coach or RV make, model, year, etc.

Has anyone been able to change their display name since the original post that said you have to create a new profile?  My email address shows as my profile name and I don't want that!  Please someone help if you know!  It should be a totally different option for a forum to have a display name different and able to change it!

As I said above.  If you still have problems, find the Avatar for Herman Mullins and send him a PM.