Sign in to follow this  
skiprd

Eating? Restaurants?

OK, here comes question 2 from the newbie quarter.

What do people do for eating? I'm mainly thinking about supper--obviously, we can eat in the motorhome, but are there restaurants either in the display/vendor area or within walking distance? I've done a maps.google.com search, but didn't find much.

Thanks again. Further newbie questions to follow,

Skip

Many resturants are downtown, or along 82nd street just west of the 82nd st and I-69 interchange. Both areas are about a 20 minute drive. There are more areas within Indianapolis. Best to search via a smart phone application of via your GPS.

Many resturants are downtown, or along 82nd street just west of the 82nd st and I-69 interchange. Both areas are about a 20 minute drive. There are more areas within Indianapolis. Best to search via a smart phone application of via your GPS.

Thanks very much. I forgot to mention that we won't have a car and are looking for places within walking distance.

Skip

Skip, I will bet that while at the Rally you will meet some really nice people the would be glad to have you join then with a ride to dinner.

Good luck and enjoy Indianapolis.

Herman

Try this.

Open up a map of the location using either Google, or Bing. I prefer BING (http://www.bing.com/maps)

When the location opens, in the BING search line type in the type of restaurant you are looking for, like Mexican Restaurant, and the map should be populated with those type restaurants. Maybe just using the word "restaurant" would show them all. Click on any balloon to get information.

If you need clarification let me know.

I use the same technique to find "RV Parks."

You may be looking for information about food on-site as well. There is plenty of lunch foods available but the vendors and displays close at 5:00pm so the number of food sources available in the evening is greatly reduced. These will mostly be food cart vendors and there should be a variety of foods available.

Try this.

Open up a map of the location using either Google, or Bing. I prefer BING (http://www.bing.com/maps)

When the location opens, in the BING search line type in the type of restaurant you are looking for, like Mexican Restaurant, and the map should be populated with those type restaurants. Maybe just using the word "restaurant" would show them all. Click on any balloon to get information.

If you need clarification let me know.

I use the same technique to find "RV Parks."

Thanks -- I tried that in maps.google.com, but didn't find much. I tried the Bing search--got a little more. I'm thinking that we'll come prepared for eating in the motorhome and play it by ear once we're there. Or find someone to mooch a ride off of.

See you soon!

Skip