Sign in to follow this  
dickandlois

Suggestion to Extend Exhibit Hours

Observation at Indy Rally.

The real item missed by the Vendors and Dealers at the Rally was the time there displays and booths where open.

I had the privilege of driving the Handicap Carts and making it possible for those members to get to and from these sights.

However, there where attendees using day passes that wanted to visit the booths and coach displays after work, only to find them closing upon there arrival.

Think that the commercial members should think about extending there hrs. at Rally locations close to or in larger metropolitan areas.

They may have missed a number of sales and visitors interested in viewing a number of different coaches located in location.

Just a personal observation while driving around and talking to those with there day passes.

Rich.

As a former commercial vendor, the 8:30 to 4 or 9-5 (or similar) hours are the longest of any of the shows we attended and it's just about all a vendor can handle. This is an exhausting event and when it's over for the day we were very happy to be heading back to our coach. If you keep things open longer you will have lost all of the customers that are attending the rally and want to eat and go to the entertainment leaving the vendor tent empty anyway.

I am happy not be have to do that kind of work any longer but I sure am glad that when I did, FMCA kept the hours that they did.

Rich,

I have to side with Bill. For over 20 years I was in charge of our Booth at our industry trade shows. 8 to 5 for 3 or 4 days is grueling.

At all of FMCA's Rallies, both National and Area, there is something going on each night. It would be nice for there to be later hours one night but think of the Vendors.

To be able to have the Vendors stay open later they would have to open later and one of the evenings entertainment would need to be canceled. I don't think anyone would want that to happen.

Try as we may,,

Herman