racecar882

CONVERTING 1 LNB TO 3

I am sorry to say that no, it cannot. The crank-up antenna has no ability to skew (move off of the level attitude) which is required to line up 3 different satellites at 3 different elevations.

If you are using the Eastern Arc satellites, did you know that all but about 5 stations (none of which I watch) are located on one satellite? that wouuld negate the need to have 3 LNBs.

That's information I should have added to my post. It may be an excellent option for you.

DNS Networks are available on 72.7 as well (the satellite alluded to above) but no local Network programming would be available.

It is possible to make a crankup dish into a 3 LNB but it is not economical and requires a machine shop and engineering skills. I have done it. The dish needs to be replaced to an oval and the mount for the dish needs to rotate for the tilt or skew. I used a motor to adjust the skew. I did it as a challenge, but thats just me. I have changed over to a Moto Sat HD some 4 years ago.

More than half of my coach is modified by me in my shop. Starting from the ground some of the changes are ISB Cummins and MD3060 Allison, 22.5 Alcoa wheels, larger rear axle, air ride, independent front suspension, air brakes, increased fuel capacity to 129 gallons, separate propane tank for generator, hid headlights, led running lights and tail/stop lights, 6 golf cart batteries, 2 group 31 engine batteries, remodel interior, change bed from a rv queen to a full memory foam queen, 3 LED LCD tvs, surround sound in living room and bedroom, blue ray player and HD satellite system, all new 120 volt system, 50 amp and special wiring to be able to run both airs on a 30amp and 20 amp pedistal.

Another late tidbit to this post.

Like desertdeals69, I love a challenge. My third motorhome, is a retired dog, bought her on e-bay, drove her home, then started the conversion.

Cut the holes in the roof for ac, wired her, plumbed her and all the makings for a complete unit. Have turned down 100 grand. Just basic 101. I have been watching desertdeals69 accomplishments for a good while, and am impressed.

Kay