:) I was just wondering if anyone out there has been pulled over because there rear license plate was obstructed. We carry two bicycles on a bike rack at the rear of our motorhome, and with the cover over them you can't see the plate until you are passing by. I'm thinking about moving it to the ladder except I think its suppose to have a light. We haven't been pulled over yet but you never know. Smokeater75

Thats an interesting question. The license plate would be obscured by towing any trailer to car behind a motorhome...and especially so if you have a truck towing a 5th wheel...

There was a previous discussion where this issue came up as an aside to the central conversation. It didn't get much response so it is good to put it out as the central issue here. We've been towing for 10 years and have a bike rack on the rear of our SUV. The bikes aren't covered but they do present a barrier to the license plate. We've traveled all over the US and Canada and have never been stopped.

There are many vehicles with bike racks on the rear and many of those will partially hide the plate. As Richard points out above, there are other circumstances where the rear plate is hidden. I suspect this is a non-issue for law enforcement.

I was stopped in Florida. I was in my toad with the bikes on the back. We had just left the campground and where heading towards a local store to get some groceries. It was New Years Eve so I believe it was a stop to check us out.

State law is nothing may obstruct the view of the plate. They only have rear plates in that state. I have traveled with this setup for several years with no issues.